Friday, February 11, 2011

Post number 1

Creative title huh? Hi everybody! This is the blog that I will keep to log my adventures in this new land. As I have previously done in my other blog, which I have been so diligent in not updating since August, I'll be writing in stream of consciousness, b/c that's how I roll. So, if you're interested, read on, and if not, my bad.

I made it to Adelaide yesterday. And because of the 13.5 hour time difference, it was necessary for me to sleep exactly 13.5 hours. That's kinda weird seeing as that was completely unplanned, but for real, I accidentally fell asleep around 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and woke up at 4:30 this morning. So today, I decided I needed to find free wifi, and I ventured to the library. I hope to see more of the city soon, but so far from what I've seen, it's quite pretty. Although it's summer here, the weather isn't too hot, unless you're directly in the sun. As I walked, the city kind of reminded me of a less crowded, more diverse version of Rome in a way. The buildings are very artistic, although they look a lot less ancient :) (pictures to come soon). The food, from the 1.5 meals I've had thusfar, isn't much different. And something that I didn't know, until Ben told me, is that they, like England, drive on the left side of the road, which I suppose would give an advantage to all the lefties, unlike our vehicles, which favor the right-handed.
Anyhow, (I get sidetracked easily). Orientation is next week, so that should be cool. Oh, and I'm staying in a hospital for the week until I go to my accommodation at the ag campus. I've never been to a hospital where there's a residential area for people to just live in, but there's a first for everything. I guess since I haven't done much besides sleep so far, I don't have much more to say, but I'll be updating this again so until then, May the peace of Christ guard your heart and mind :)

Shalomses

No comments:

Post a Comment