Friday, February 18, 2011

These adventures, I call them life

So, I blatantly stole the title of this post from the title of my friend Rebekah's blog, but I replaced the question mark with a comma, so now it's original...right? But in all seriousness, I have a valid reason (in my mind) for choosing that title. In my life, everyday adventures and unexpected things just seem to happen, which is fine by me, cause any other way, I think my life would be just dull. Anyhow, I met with the advisor for animal science students, for the Uni where I'm studying and she basically tells me that the campus for animal science is in the middle of nowhere, it's a farm, and the closest town is 12 km away. Come again? Yup, I'm going to be living on a farm. Coming from being raised in a city, and then living in a rural NON-farming area while still maintaining much contact with the city, I thought to myself, "well this should be a new experience." And that's when the phrase popped into my mind: "these adventures, I call them life." I've only met one other international student that studies there, and it's her second year here, so she's not new. However, I did come to Australia to learn about the culture, and I wanted to meet Australian's so I'm guessing that's definately going to happen. I've been told that the school is very well known for animal sciences, so many Australian's from around the country go there, and unlike in the city, many don't just commute to and from school, so this should be some experience. An adventure. I rather like adventures. So on Monday, here we go. I'll keep you informed. But until next time, May you recognize and embrace the small things, that make your life an adventure.

Shalomses

No comments:

Post a Comment